Here are the individual entries and their recipes!
Enjoy!! and make sure you goto Freaky Curry on facebook and “like” your favorite recipe visual board!!
Quick Summer flavor of Tiramisu
To make for 2-3 people in small servings :
2-3tbsp generous summer drink “Roohafza” + 2tbsp mixed with water for dipping lady fingers
Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
4-6 lady fingers broken
8 Oz pack of Mascarpone Cheese
2 egg yolk
1) Whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer on medium speed. Use cold heavy cream and make sure that the bowl is clean and dry.
2) Carefully separate the yolks from whites In another big bowl. Whisk the yolk on high-speed using same hand mixer for few minutes until its pale yellow and thicker.
3) Now fold the Mascarpone cheese into the yolk and whisk again together for another 2 min until well blended.
4) Add 2-3 tbsp of pure roohafza syrup into the mixture and whisk again to add sweetness. It also gives rose color and summer fragrance.
5) Now fold carefully the whipped heavy cream into this egg and mascarpone rose mixture.Mix with gentle hands from bottom of the bowl without breaking too much air.
6) Take small clear dessert cups or a flat rectangular glass dish for filling the dessert.
7) Dunk the lady fingers horizontally in the Roohafza and water mixture for few seconds on both sides. Do not over soak other wise tiramisu will be soggy. To be on safe side , use small dessert cups.
8) If you are using dessert cups then you might have to break the lady fingers. If rectangular dish then just layers the dunken/soaked fingers at the bottom of the tray.
9) Spread the rose mixture on the top of the layered fingers or scoop in the dessert cups and refrigerate atleast for 5-6 hours.
2 lbs pounds tomatoes
4 – 5 big mangos, semi ripe to ripe.
1 bunch cilantro
1 -2 large cucumbers, peeled
1-2 jalapeño. Depending on preferred spice level.
1 large red onion
1/3 cup vegetable oil ( some prefer evoo)
1 tsp. sugar
4 tsp. Kosher salt
Pinch black pepper
3 TBSP red wine vinegar
Chop mangos, cucumber, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño and tomatoes ( I like to take the seeds out of the tomatoes). Put in a bowl.
Mix vinaigrette ingredients, you can always add more or less depending on your taste. Pour onto salad ingredients. Stir to mix.
Light and perfect summer inspired compliment to any meal or great just by itself and nice glass of white wine.
4 salmon filletssalt and pepper to taste1 tablespoon onion powder1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes1/4 cup olive oil1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar2 tablespoons white sugar2 tablespoons chopped green onions2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Season fillets with salt and pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside in a baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sugar, green onions, and cilantro. Pour marinade over salmon; cover, and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Arrange salmon on a broiling sheet. Place in a preheated oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), turn fillets, and broil 5 minutes more.
Green chillies and garlic marinated roasted fish
For each filet of fish, rub with;
1 clove of garlic minced
1 Tsp Lemon juice
1 green chillie minced
Salt and pepper to taste
(Add a pinch of garam masala if desired)
Roast the fish in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 min.
Garnish with lemon slices and fresh cilantro.
Half a red onion
1 Russell potato or choice of meat
Salt to taste
Juice of one lime
Chili flakes (optional)
Choice of pasta
1: blend the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, pinch of salt, and water (as desired for consistency) on medium speed.
2: prepare pasta as desired
3: in a saucepan add 3 tbsp vegetable oil and sauté onions until tender
4: Add salt and tomato
5: add the potato, cover and let it summer until potato is totally cooked. If you are using meat, I recommend grilling the meat separately.
6: add the chutney prepared from step 1 into the saucepan and let it simmer for 30 seconds
7: Add pasta and mix
8: add chili flakes and garnish with cilantro